Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I'm Just Saiyan

The next day I thought I would indulge my more disconcerting side and decided to visit a part of Tokyo called Akihabara. To give some sort of reference on what this place it like, every time I have heard an American explain it, the descriptions goes along the lines of 'nerd town.'
Anyway, being a small fan of animation, I thought it would be fun to look around. Unfortunately, at this point of my trip, I was neither bold enough nor confident enough in my communication to actually buy anything, so I just stuck to mostly window shopping. However, here in Japan, vending machines are widely popular, which I cant complain about. There was one particular shop that I wanted to find. It was entirely composed of vending machines for various figurines and merchandise of anime and other cutesy products. I bought a few things there and went to search around. The main street is full of high-rises, comprised mostly of duty-free shops and huge arcades of sorts. These duty-free shops are everywhere, and they can have up to eight floors each. You couldn't walk two blocks without seeing one. I decided to visit a few of the manga shops, which ended up having five to nine floors. Let me tell you, there is so much freaking manga. I went about browsing there, trying to find all the ones I had hear of.
I soon left and found myself in one of the duty-free shops. They mostly have electronic related products, but they also have many, many figurines. I am both impressed and disgusted by the figurine maker's attention to detail (that can be taken many different ways). Needless to say, I wore this face for a large part of the day (especially when I accidentally entered the adult manga section):


See! look at that attention to detail!
I spent most of the day walking around looking at nerdy stuff and other pop culture items, so I was a happy girl. That night, I went out with James and Masami for dinner. It was a vegan-y place and I enjoyed one of the best desserts I have ever had the pleasure to eat. Plus it was adorable.


Beyond my little cake thing, I also had this stellar drink. It is basically steamed soymilk with ginger and cinnamon, and it was a little slice of heaven.


I guess this is as good of a time as any to introduce these two to you readers. Look at how cute they are:


Just to clear up any confusion with who these people are, James is my cousin, or to be more precise, my mothers cousin. Masami is his wife, shes a pretty awesome lady. I've been staying with them for my time in Tokyo. They are two pretty cool cats and I am my words can't describe how grateful I am that I have had the chance to get to know them. 
And thus concludes this day in Tokyo. I know I have so much writing to catch up on, and I am kicking myself for not getting on it sooner. However, these posts are coming along slowly, but surely. 
I bid you all a farewell. 

A+ anime puns in the title right???

No comments:

Post a Comment